OFFICE CLEANING TORONTO
REAL ESTATE – HOMEOWNER PRE-CLEANS
State Building Maintenance Limited understands, for both the Realtor and Homeowner, the importance of a detailed cleaning of your house/condo before your For-Sale sign goes up and you hold that first Open House. It is our job to reduce your stress before you showcase your home. Every prospective buyer begins by looking at the big pictures then starts taking in the details. Marked flooring and walls, moldy bathrooms, greasy stoves etc. can be a deterrent to prospective buyers. Our cleaning company never wants to see that happen so our highly-trained crews will put our years of experience to work for you and make sure that your home is inviting to all potential buyers.
We understand that all sellers cannot invest in re-landscaping their property before an Open House but there is much you can do to enhance your CURB APPEAL. A buyer should see
- a neatly cut and trimmed lawn
- weeds pulled from a garden bed
- dead shrubs/plants removed
- spot free windows
- a washed down front porch, sidewalk and driveway
- sparkling outdoor lights
- garbage bins removed from the buyer’s sightline, preferably stored in a garage
- if you have interlock make sure that these pavers are level so no one trips over protruding pavers and if there is any oil staining give those pavers a wash with a degreaser
- add an entrance mat and to add a cozy look to a front porch put out a comfy chair with an attractive pillow
- if you are planning on putting out an urn full of flowers do not place it to close to the door so it will not draw bees
- in winter months, snow must be removed from the driveway, walkways, porches and balconies
- for ice build-up, we can supply and spread de-icers
On the OUTSIDE, State Building Maintenance Limited begins with
- cleaning all the entrance doors and door frames, inside and out, and the side lights
- all windows and window frames
- all outdoor lights
- the front and side garage door, often overlooked
In the KITCHEN, we start with
- washing the ceiling, the walls, the decorative molding, light fixtures, the fan, plus the cupboards, inside and out, as they may have become greasy overtime
- we clean the fridge, including bar fridges, the stove, the range hood and the microwave, inside and out, including the range hood filters
- if you have a self-cleaning oven it may require two days of work as it needs to cool down before the inside ash is removed
- we use a specialized cleaner on all stainless steel
- we clean the counters, taking into account the varied materials that are now being used such as marble, granite, quartz, Corian, laminates etc. as all require different cleaning methods
- the sinks and taps will be cleaned and wiped down with a soft cloth to bring up their shine
- the table and chairs are cleaned if left in the kitchen
- we scrub/clean the floors and kick plates and depending on the type of flooring we may put down the appropriate sealer if the customer wishes
In the WASHROOMS, we
- clean walls, wall tiles, doors, trim, switch plates and lighting
- clean, disinfect and deodorize the shower stall, tub, toilet and bidet
- the counters, sinks and taps are cleaned and disinfected
- the cabinets are wiped down, inside and out, as there can be residue on the shelves from lotions etc.
- the mirrors are washed and left gleaming
- if there is mold, most noticeable around the tub surround, we will use the correct solution to tackle the job
- the floors are cleaned and disinfected
Throughout all the FINISHED LEVELS of the house
- the windows, trim, sills and tracks are cleaned
- the walls, doors, trim and baseboards are wiped down or washed
- the lighting is cleaned and cobwebs removed on all floors
- California shutters and verticals are dusted and washed if necessary
- the fireplace and the surround are cleaned
Flooring, be it marble, terrazzo, porcelain tiles, vinyl, carpeting, hardwood or laminate, all require a different approach. With the hard elements, depending what the customer requires, State Building Maintenance Limited will clean/refinish your flooring with the appropriate solution and/or sealer. All this will be discussed with the seller.
With CARPETS, we first
- thoroughly vacuum the carpets
- then spot clean any stains, especially pet urine stains as they require a specific solution to break up the stain and deal with the smell
- we use a variety of spot cleaners for different chemical stains such as coffee spills, grease spots
- we will then steam clean and/or rotary clean your carpet depending on how heavily soiled it is and your time frame as steam cleaning requires more drying time than rotary cleaning
- we will add an anti-browning agent plus deodorizer
- we can bring in commercial dryers to speed up the drying process
We take care of pet stains and smells in carpets, smoke stained walls etc., but smoking can also leave strong odors in drapes and sheers so we suggest that if they are to be left up during an open house that they be sent out to be professionally cleaned and if the owner’s soft material sofas are also being left for an open house we recommend that they either be professionally cleaned or sprayed with an odor neutralizing solution. Strong or musty odors can be a major deterrent to a buyer.
- dust furniture if the house is staged
- remove cobwebs in the unfinished basement
- sweep and/or damp wipe the floor of an unfinished basement
- make sure the laundry tub is as clean as possible, depending on how it was used
- sweep and/or blow the dust from inside the garage
- check to make sure all the lights are in working order
- rinse outdoor furniture
State Building Maintenance Limited
- will continue to offer our services throughout the selling process if touch-ups are required
As most people are offended by strong smells we suggest opening windows for a brief time just before an open house but nothing smells as fresh as CLEAN.
If you would like to add a fresh fragrance we suggest a very light lemon scent that says summer, nothing overwhelming or obvious. A buyer may then see himself sitting in the backyard or out on a condo balcony sipping a refreshing lemonade drink and wouldn’t that be a good thing?
A bouquet of fresh flowers is a lovely touch but remember to select a flower without a strong scent and make sure the water is changed daily or buy an top quality, silk arrangement.
Declutter, de-clutter and we can not say that enough, de-clutter and that applies to closets because buyers want to see space.
Take away little bits and personal pictures if they fill a wall and possibly purchase a large, inexpensive, modern frameless print of the kind your realtor suggests.
So many homes are now open concept but if your home is not, create that look by removing unnecessary furniture so buyers get that wide-open feeling.
State Building Maintenance Limited does it all, we have even climbed our ladders and carefully cleaned your exquisite, crystal chandelier. We understand, being homeowners ourselves, what is needed to create that rush of excitement for the buyer, that positive first impression, thus ensuring many offers. We are a full-service cleaning and janitorial company, in business since 1963, so please call us for a no obligation quote at 416-247-1290 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Cleaning Toronto – Office Pre-Cleans